Chubsy Chub Theatre, 4/21/06
There were some announcements, which Adam has. To the best of my memory:
- There are several theatrical events going on soon, including the New Play Festival and Cabaret. For Cabaret details, see http://www.citycircle.org.
- Yes, Shame happens every other week at City High. There is no show this coming Tuesday, but the one after that there is.
- No Shame will be performing at Riverfest at two different times. See previous post on this blog for details.
- Eric Landuyt has a PATV show you might enjoy.
- Next week is Dead Week, which means pieces performed next week will not be eligible for the semester's Best Of. We will announce the Best Of order next week. PLEASE POST YOUR NOMINATIONS (I'll make a post that you can comment on with your nominations).
- Aprille is retiring from No Shame after this season, which makes next week her last non-BONS show. If you are so inclined, she would feel happy if you'd cast her in your piece.
1. "The Return to Pants Manor II: The Hauntening," by Jonathan Shelton (Man finds love with ill-fated tent)
2. "I Don't Know," by Eric Landuyt (A capella musical performance)
3. "Improper Flag Use by Bobby Evers," by Bobby Evers (Bobby don't know crap about American flag etiquette)
3.5. "From the Archives, 2003: Compromised Condiments," by Aprille Clarke (Man passes off laundry detergent for cheese)
4. "You Were a Falling Star, But You Didn't Fall for Very Long," a song by Dillion Sunshine (Patrick, in a funny beard, plays power bass and sings us a song)
5. "Not a Real Comic Book," by Evan Schenck (Does Jesus count as a superhero?)
6. "She Never Really Did Love Me, OR Basket Full of Easter Eggs," by Patrick Ashcraft (Hector solves his love problems through violence)
7. "Possible a Rhythm," by Cool Jesse (poetry performance)
8. "A Modest Proposal," by Mortimer Snert (who's stalking whom?? Who's suiciding whom??)
9. "Old School Christianity Today, OR Why the Fight to End Poverty is Going Nowhere," by Eli Wilkinson (Christians are jerks who are mean to starving Africans)
10. "A Feminist Deconstruction of Golf," by Dick Roberts (a treatise on the phallocentric nature of golf)
10.5. "From the Archives, 2003: Dangerously Close," by Aprille Clarke (Woman hates racism, eating fingernails)
11. "Everybody Is Gay for Someone," by Nick May (Nick comes out, selectively, romatically)
12. "Endless Bummer," by Tim Busse (Tim recounts his fellow rehabbers' letters to their drugs of choice)
13. "The Tragic Tale of Haystack Calhoun and Dirty Slug McGee," by Eric Landuyt (An old-timey tale of sheep-flipping and Mexican-hating)
13.5. "A Hilarious Prank," by Lilly Richard ("Wait for it...wait for it..." but it's not what we thought!)
14. "Ecuse to Be Loud at You," by Sean Shatto (Noise art in the dark)
15. "Time Goes By So Slowly," by Aprille Clarke (Woman unknowingly does it with an 8-year-old)
15.5. "Jenga! Jenga! Jenga! Jenga!" by Katy Baggs (A loss at Jenga cuts Katy deeply)
16. "Battory Overpass," by Adam Hahn (a discarded car battery sparks a string of troubles for our narrator)
17. "Teapot Bob," by the Touchdowns (musical performance featuring drum, ukelele, banjo, and trombone)