Monday, October 02, 2006

BOBONS Order

This is our preliminary list of pieces for BOBONS 2006, pending confirmation from authors. I'll continue to edit this post as the list is finalized.

The Best Of The Best Of No Shame, 2006, Oct. 14 at 8 PM in Theatre B
-1. The No Shame Theatre Song, presented by NSLA
0. The Order, Read by Everyone in Attendance Who Has Ever Hosted a No Shame Anywhere, SO FAST!
(the rest are unordered)
-"The Hilarious Mexico Sketch" by James Erwin (IC, 2002)
-"Freudian Camisole " by Carolyn Space Jacobson (IC, 1996)
-"I Love Almost Everybody…Except Roy Orbitson or Michael’s Done It Again: Death Count: 38" by Michael Tabor (IC, 2002)
"The Harrowing Adventures and Narrow Escapes of Nick Price, Photobooth Detective" by John Smick, Brooks Peck, and Josh Peskay (IC, 1995)
-"$80 a Week" by Todd Ristau (IC, 1990)
-"Imitation of Art" by Luke Pingel (Cedar Falls, 2003)
-"Seven Minutes in Heaven" by Patrick Ashcraft (IC, 2005)
-"Ay Papi!" by JoAnne Butcher and the Miami No Shame Players (Miami, 1994)
-"A Hilarious Prank" by Lilly Richard (Yes Shame, 2006)
-"Bones" by Jamal King Toad River (IC, 2001)
-"Hand in Hand" by Laura Tuggle Anderson (Roanoke, 2006)
-"Prepubescent Expression" by Megan Gogerty (IC, 1995-1996)
-"How to Make A Milkshake Machine Run" by Jonathon Shelton (IC, 2005)
-A White Cat/Math Teacher piece (IC)
-"Julio" by Scott Smith (IC, 1990-1991)
-"Workaday #5: Fart Machine" by Adam Hahn (IC, 2004)
-"Waiting for Godot to Leave" by Larry Pontius, Ben Schmidt, Stephanie Frey, and JP Clausen (IC, 1992-1993)
-"Separate the Man From His Head" by Michael Rothschild (Los Angeles, 2002)
-"All By Myself" by Brian Rochlin (Los Angeles, 2002)
-"It's Fun to Trick When the Tricks Are Treats" by Katy Baggs (IC, 2006)
-"Best of Actual Questions from a Sex-Ed Website with Hilarious Answers" by Aprille Clarke (IC, 2004-2005)
-"Mariachi Nightmare" by Al Angel (IC, 2003)
-"Tea Bags are about 100% THC" by Alyssa Bowman (IC, 2002)
-"Faithless: A Reaction to Neil LaBute's 'A Gaggle of Saints'" by Chris Okiishi (IC, 2000)
-"This Is Every Piece I've Ever Written" by Jeff Goode (1986-2006)

The poster: http://www.adamhahn.com/flyer_iowa_webonly.jpg
RSVP list: http://www.adamhahn.com/BOBONSRSVP.htm
List of events: http://www.adamhahn.com/BOBONSevents.htm
Other info: http://www.adamhahn.com/BOBONSinfo.htm

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it sounds bias (I do think we have had this conversation) but, no We Are Anarchists? I'm heart broken. Does it make me a bad person that I hope someone doesn't agree to do a piece so that this one might make it in?

10/02/2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger AdamEggHahn said...

Alyssa,

I dearly, dearly hope that we will see "We Are Anarchists" during one of the 11 PM shows next week.

10/02/2006 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great order. I can't wait to see some of these pieces I've been hearing about for a long time.

10/02/2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger AdamEggHahn said...

By the way, I am trusting that current Iowa City performers will see the order here or be told about it by friends, but I am trying to e-mail visitors and alumni.

If you're in the order, please confirm that you're available and willing to perform.

Does anyone know how to reach Michele "Was she White Cat or Math Teacher?" Thomson?

10/02/2006 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Math Teacher Michelle is a student at the university, so she should be in the University phonebook. Look it up online, mayhaps?

10/03/2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is Paul Rust and Neil Campbell and Chris Stangl and all the other writers who may not necessarily be able to show up but are truly some of the best writers providing some of the best pieces No Shame has ever seen?

10/03/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger sonther said...

you know... i would have loved to have pieces by them, too. but the board consensus was that there were also a number of other performers who are also some of the best ever who are coming back for the celebration.

the other bad thing is that, at least with paul (and i'm guessing some others) is that it really wouldn't be the same performance if he wasn't the one performing it.

i think our final decision was to ask them to allow someone to perform one of their pieces on friday and/or throughout the week.

i'm not sure if anyone has done that yet. maybe i will do that right now.

10/03/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santangelo:

Part of your question is answered on this fascinating page of "Inter-Net Commentaries", filled with the ramblings of senile No Shame alumni.

http://prufrock451.livejournal.com/99979.html

Bon appetit.
Erwin.

10/04/2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I just wrote out a whole long screed about why I'm going to BOBONS, but I couldn't post it because of an "open proxy."

I don't know what that means, but I don't like it one bit.

10/04/2006 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess since I don't have LiveJournal, I can't leave a comment. So I'll post what I was going to post there...here.

Why I'm going to BOBONS:

1. No Shame is still an active part of my life. I've been writing and performing at LA No Shame since we started, and have met a lot of very cool people there, as well as writing material that far outstrips my IC work. If this show was just about the work I did in IC, I doubt I would be going, since most of that wasn't very good. But I think my work at LA NS has a few flashes of non-suckness. No Shame has made me a better writer, and why shouldn't I celebrate that?

2. I like Iowa City and enjoy going back there with the idea of actually doing something, rather than basking in nostalgia, or at least as much nostaligia as the 20th anniversary of something affords.

3. It will be a chance to meet some old-school Iowa alumni who I've only "met" on Room 41.

4. It might be a good kick in the pants for me, writing-wise.

5. The cheese bread at the Mill.

6. I need a vacation, even if it is only for a few days.

So hopefully I'll see some of you there.

10/04/2006 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg yes. Cheese bread at the mill = multiple orgasm extravaganza!

10/04/2006 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh. is it just me, or did adam hahn really do a piece with the phrase "fart machine" in its title? ROFL my WOFL.

10/04/2006 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm a little angry Pants Manor II wasn't chosen"

Jesus Christ, get over yourself.

10/05/2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was wondering how long it would take someone to make that joke. Not very.

10/05/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger AdamEggHahn said...

Hey, does anybody know a good babysitter in IC who won't be attending BOBONS? Inger Hatlen is coming all the way from Philadelphia with a toddle who might not enjoy sitting through the show.

10/05/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger Chris Stangl said...

EMERGENCY CORRECTION TO BOBONS ORDER: "Fose Fatford Vs. A Dead Bee" was accidentally misspelled as "Todd Ristau".

"Fose Fatford Vs. A Dead Bee" will indeed be performed during Bestofbestofbest, as the climactic piece, by which I mean all the audience will sexually climax. No Shame will be providing Dixie cups to catch all the ejaculate and pussy-ejaculate from the excited audience. The Dixie cups will have a picture of the No Shame truck on them.

10/07/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger stephen said...

Wow, this seems like a really rock-ass lineup. It's a shame some of us have to miss it. Any chance of a recording?

10/09/2006 3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just farted really really loud. I'm worried that this may have ruined the BOBOBOBONOS show for this Sat! I think I won't be able to go to it after all, even though I was kind of looking forward to it. I feel a little sad today.

-Adam Theodore "Ruxpin" Hahn

10/11/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Michael Tabor said...

I thought "Fose Fatford Vs. A Dead Bee" was supposed to be in BOBONS? Why/how could it not be? Is this a mistake? Everybody loved this piece. It holds such a special place in everybody's heart. Is this a mistake?

10/13/2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Michael Tabor said...

I thought "Fose Fatford Vs. A Dead Bee" was supposed to be in BOBONS? Why/how could it not be? Is this a mistake? Everybody loved this piece. It holds such a special place in everybody's heart. Is this a mistake?

10/13/2006 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home