Funny Farts No Shame Theatre, 3/3/06
Regular announcements, PLUS we decided to have a show next week even though it's the week before spring break. Why not? It might be fun.
1. "Great Person in History When They Were in School," by Bobby Evers (2:06). We observe a young Martin Luther King, Jr. during his college years, including a cameo by the fetching Coretta Scott.
2. "Self Destruction," by Eric Landuyt (2:35). A slam-style poetry performance.
3. "'Fuck You, Michael Tabor,' and 11 Other Things I Detest," by Dick Roberts (4:50). Dick talks about things that really burn him up, e.g. political correctness.
4. "I Don't Understand," by Toby (3:53). Toby monologues about things he doesn't understand, e.g. how blind people are supposed to figure out where the Braille is on hotel walls.
5. "Aprille's Humiliating No Shame Archives: 2001" (1:23). Aprille re-performs a piece from the old days about a lady who can only have butt sex due to past trauma.
6. "The President Song," by John Abramowitz (4:38). John sings a song to the tune of "I'm a Lumberjack" about the President's foibles, except his computer didn't work so he couldn't remember all of it.
7. "The Power I Almost Exercised Over My Daughter's Future," by Dick Roberts (2:36). A photocopy mix-up almost makes Dick's daughter not get in the honors program.
8. "Fruit Bowl," by Mirri (5:23). Travis puts so many fruits on his face, and Mirri thinks he's weird.
9. "My Disappointing Fortune Cookie," by Eric Landuyt (0:10). Eric adds "in bed" to his fortune, only it's sad because he doesn't have a bed.
10. "Paperback Writer," by Evan Schenck (4:56). Evan talks about his plans to write a top-hit genre-bending novel.
11. "Mecial's Birthday in Space," by Aprille Clarke (5:25). Mecial and Michael Tabor find love in outer space.
12. "Rome," by Flabbergasted Jakers (2:47). Jakers explains the different phrases inspired by Rome, such as the accuracy of the "built in a day" thing, and "lazy Romes."
Mine was the longest piece. I apologize for being a bad influence. It was a short show but a jolly one.